Today Christopher Laurie was killed in a car crash. His father is Greg Laurie, pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside, CA (a Calvary Chapel affiliate). He was only 33, and left behind a young daughter and a wife who is expecting another baby girl in the fall. I never met Christopher, but I have a connection with Calvary Chapel. My family starting attending a Calvary Chapel affiliate church in OR when I was 17. After high school, I went to Calvary Chapel Bible College in southern CA, where I heard Pastor Greg speak on several occasions, and visited his church a number of times as well. My husband and I were married at the Calvary Chapel we attended in OR. When we go to OR to visit, we always make a point to visit friends and attend church there.
Every year Greg shares the gospel message with thousands of people at the Harvest Crusades. This year, there are 3 - CA, PA, and NY. The CA event is in just a few weeks, August 15-17, at Angel Stadium.
I am grieving for the Laurie family, and praying the God of all comfort will comfort them and pour His healing balm on their souls.
No comments:
Post a Comment