Want to come over for a glass of milk and a brownie?
Several months ago, I tried a Martha Stewart recipe for homemade brownies...it was supposed to be quick, easy, and come out tasting oh-so-yummy. After one bite, my hubby said, "what's wrong with these?"... and I knew I wouldn't be making those again! I didn't really like them either. We gave up on trying homemade recipes and decided to only make the boxed kind of brownie mixes.
Recently, my friend Meredith posted a recipe for her homemade brownies. They looked easy, and I decided to try them last night. Here's the picture:
These brownies are so delicious! They are fudgy and moist, just the way they should be. And, they are at least an inch thick. This recipe was easy and quick, and the brownies are delicious. My hubby loves them, too! Try them when you get a chance - here's the recipe:
Brownies
2/3 c butter
1 1/2 c sugar
1/4 c water
2 c milk chocolate chips
2 c semisweet chocolate chips
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 c butter
1 1/2 c sugar
1/4 c water
2 c milk chocolate chips
2 c semisweet chocolate chips
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
- In a heavy saucepan bring butter, sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the milk chocolate chips until melted, cool slightly. [Note: The richer and smoother the chocolate, the fudgier the brownies are. I made this with some leftover premium fondue chocolate and they were the fudgiest brownies ever!]
- Beat in vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs. Gradually add chocolate mixture.
- Add dry ingredients. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13x9x2" baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cut into bars. (Hint: For straight cuts, use a plastic knife.)
2 comments:
So glad they turned out for you! :)
Ya know what I was thinking about the other day...when you used to make cookies for Joe when you were dating and for Christmas...you're a fabulous baker! I remember one time you made like mint chocolate chip cookies...they were yum yummy good!
Post a Comment