Friday, April 11, 2008

Sausage Quiche

Another yummy recipe! (Thanks to my friend AMG who inspired me to take pictures of my food as I am cooking along...!)

I made this yummy sausage quiche a few weeks ago for a mom's group I've been going to at church. The recipe says it makes two 9" round pans, but I got one 8" square dish and another that was nearly twice that size, but oval shaped. It was perfect - I made the big one to take to my group, and the small one for my hubby to have at home. Everyone loved it! My husband couldn't stop raving about it, and the ladies all wanted the recipe. So, I made it again this past week. But this time I made the small square pan and a large 13x9 pan as well. Here it is all mixed together the night before:
(notice my handy Pampered Chef Mix 'N Scraper...love it!)

And here is the final product just out of the oven:
This is a good recipe to prep the night before, because you have to brown the sausage and grate a bunch of cheese. I used pork sausage, but I bet chicken or turkey sausage would be great, too, and cut out a little bit of the fat. Here's the recipe - it's so delicious!


Sausage Quiche

Beat together in a large mixing bowl:
12 eggs
2 cups (16 oz) small curd cottage cheese
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup flour
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 teaspoon baking powder


Add:
1 pound bulk mild pork sausage, browned
¼ pound bulk hot pork sausage, browned

Other tasty add-ins:
Onion, tomato, mushroom, green chilies, green/red sweet peppers, leftover baked potatoes, etc.

Pour mixture into 2 greased 9-inch round baking dishes and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (if desired). Bake at 375 for 33-38 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Ohhh I'll have to try this one...it looks yummy! Hey, thanks for the PC plug! You're funny!