Today it was 93 degrees at our place (yesterday it was like 99). A little warmer than I like, but that's ok. Here's what we do to beat the heat, since we don't have central air:
- a downstairs AC unit that is really loud and a power hog, but keeps the lower level cool
- an upstairs portable AC unit that is not quite so loud and keeps our bedroom cool
- a box fan in the upstairs hallway to blow the cool air into SIG's room
- a box fan in the window to blow the hot air out at night
- foil on the window in SIG's room to deflect some of the heat during the day (not too pretty on the outside, but it helped a lot today!)...thank you, KD, for these helpful ideas.
- keeping the curtains shut (hard, because I like the sunlight!)
All of this makes for a lot of white noise in the apt, especially at night!
Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler :)
To all our family and friends in the Great Northwest - don't you wish you were here in the land of sunshine? :)
1 comment:
How funny is it that I was born in raised in sunny L.A. and I don't miss the heat one bit. Maybe if I had done some of those creative things you have done I wouldn't have felt so hot!!!
Post a Comment